Midwest Health Connection (MHC) is Missouri's statewide health information exchange (HIE) network that ensures patients, providers, physicians, hospitals and other health care organizations have access to critical medical record information in order to improve patient care and public health by improving the quality of medical decision-making and the coordination of care, safeguarding the privacy and security of medical information, reducing preventable medical errors and duplication of treatment, enhancing the affordability and value of health care and empowering Missourians to take a more active role in their own health care.
- Improve the quality of medical decision-making and the coordination of care;
- Provide accountability in safeguarding the privacy and security of medical information;
- Reduce preventable medical errors and avoid duplication of treatment;
- Improve the public health;
- Enhance the affordability and value of health care; and
- Empower Missourians to take a more active role in their own health care.
Serve as the premiere health information exchange, enabling advancements in high quality patient care, cost savings and efficiencies, by providing critical, reliable and secure solutions for the interchange of health information between health delivery providers and health services organizations.