Federal HealthIT Released the 2020-2025 Strategic Plan
The plan serves as a guide for the federal government in supporting the access, exchange, and use of Electronic Health Information (EHI) to connect healthcare with data.
The Health and Human Services Department (HHS) released the Federal Health IT Strategic Plan. This outcomes-driven plan defines a set of goals, objectives, and strategies that guide the federal government in supporting the access, exchange, and use of EHI to connect healthcare with health data. The Plan explains how the use of health IT can further support:
- Health and wellness;
- Delivery and experience of care; and
- A secure, data-driven ecosystem to accelerate research and innovation.
The 2020-2025 Plan will help guide federal health IT initiatives and activities, specifically to help:
- Prioritize resources within an agency
- Align and coordinate efforts between agencies
- Signal priorities to the private sector
- Benchmark and assess progress toward a more interoperable, connected health system
Watch the webinar, get updates, and learn more on Health IT's website here.