Participating in MHC is beneficial for both patients and health care team providers—from small, rural clinics to large hospital systems.
Specific benefits of the MHC Network at a glance include:
- Allowing access to a patient’s real-time, clinical data that is enhanced by aggregating the data into a longitudinal patient record Improving the quality of medical decision making and coordination of patient care
- Increasing efficiency
- Reducing preventable medical errors and duplication of treatment
Integration of Technology
MHC integrates in EHR systems allowing for quicky, easy access for health care providers. Currently we are integrated into these EHRs:
- GE Centric
Integrated with other HIE platforms:
- InterSystems Company
Valuable Collaborative Relationships
MHC is partnered with the Missouri Hospital Association (MHA)
MHC and MHA’s Hospital Industry Data Institute (HIDI) are collaborating to improve care coordination for hospitals and health systems. MHC participants will see added value from their existing MHC connections to support the submission of ADT data to HIDI by utilizing existing technology infrastructure so there is no duplicative technology and costs. Hospitals utilizing the HIDI Advantage® platform will see added value from HIDI as an analytic content provider for additional patient information. This collaboration facilitates cost savings and efficiencies related to overall project costs due to a single connectivity interface and positions the HIDI Participants for future value delivery.
Available through the HIDI Advantage notification portal, MHC participating hospitals will receive alerts regarding emergency department super-utilizers. The alert is created when a patient arrives in the ED that is at high risk for having 10 or more ED or inpatient stays within a 12-month period.
MHC is partnered with the Missouri Primary Care Association (MPCA)
MHC is partnered with the Missouri Primary Care Association (MPCA) to provide MHC Encounter Alerts based on the patient population 29 of the Federally Qualified Health Centers. Through this partnership, MHC provides MPCA and their members with real-time data to be used for their internal analysis.
MHC's has achieved a national interoperability strategy that ensures our Participants have access to a nationwide network.
Disaster Planning & Preparedness (Inter and Intra State)
- Rapid deployment of onboarding of MHC services for web-based communications
- Patient Center Data Home (PCDH) supports rapid deployment of IHE to quickly send and receive health information
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- MHC is developing disaster recovery and business continuity resources and infrastructure support
- Include MHC in Participant disaster recovery and business continuity planning